Health and Safety Policy.
It is the policy of Healthwatch Hull,to maintain a safe and healthy environment for staff, volunteers and others who use our service, in order to comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
- Consult with staff and volunteers,on matters affecting health and safety.
- Ensure venues used,comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for ISAB members, employees and volunteers,and ensure they are given adequate training.
- Ensure that it regularly identifies,and records risk,and where appropriate take action to reduce risk, covering the premises we use, volunteer roles and our activities.
- Ensure that everyone who uses our services,are aware of the location of Health and Safety information – including fire procedures,and location of first aid provision.
ISAB members, staff and volunteers are expected to:
- Undertake their tasks as instructed, in line with any risk assessment findings and training.
- Obey the health and safety policies of premises they visit.
- Report any health and safety concerns, accidents or injuries
- Not misuse or interfere with any equipment provided,to ensure safe working practice.
- Co-operate with, and assist, other volunteers and staff in implementing Health and Safety Policy.
This policy will be reviewed annually, and if necessary, revised in light of legislative or organisational changes.
- Lone Working Policy.
- Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policies.
The Healthwatch Delivery Manager,will have with overall responsibility for Health and Safety,and report to the ISAB on implementation of this policy.