A Care Act Advocate will support you to be involved in the assessment or review process, representing your rights, views, wishes and feelings by helping you to:
- Understand the assessment or review process.
- Participate in the process ensuring your rights are protected and your wishes, views and feelings are heard.
- Identify any alternative options.
- Promote your own well being.
- Prevent and delay the need for care and support.
- Take control of your life so that you can pursue opportunities to realise your potential.
- Ensure the assessment or review process follows the Care Act.