Healthwatch Sector Champion.
Purpose of the Role.
Healthwatch aims to improve local Health and Social Care services,by using the experiences of service users, family of and carers to identify good and poor practices,as well as gaps in the provision of services. We want to build confidence within the community that their experiences, whether good or poor, are important, that they should be heard,and will make a difference.
Healthwatch Sector Champions are representatives of Voluntary Community Support (VCS) organisations, education establishments and private industry. They support Healthwatch by using their expertise,and influence to build connections between Healthwatch, their organisations and clients. They will promote Healthwatch within their organisation,and encourage their clients to become involved with Healthwatch, advertising the activities of Healthwatch and the work that we do.
- Inform members of your organisation, other organisations and clients about the activities of Healthwatch.
- Encourage members of your organisation, other organisation and clients to volunteer with Healthwatch and – or promote volunteering opportunities to others.
- Identify opportunities for Healthwatch,to promote our survey within the sector, through your organisation, other organisations and clients in order to reach the wider community.
- Encourage others to receive updates from Healthwatch via our newsletter.
- Identify ways in which Healthwatch can become more involved within the sector,and assist in the development of relationships,between Healthwatch and other organisations.
- Promote awareness of Healthwatch by displaying Healthwatch promotional materials,such as our leaflets and posters.
Healthwatch Sector Champion will have experience within VCS organisations, education establishments or private industry. They should also have the following qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating active listening and an open minded, non-judgemental attitude.
- Be approachable and confident when engaging with individuals,from a range of backgrounds,and have a commitment to promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Be respectful, compassionate and supportive of and towards others.
- Be proactive in protecting personal data,and maintaining confidentiality.
- Have an interest in Health and Social Care,and be passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good written communication skills,including the ability to take notes and write up conversations.
Availability and Location.
The Healthwatch Sector Champion role,runs concurrent with any other role you are undertaking. You will feed into Healthwatch and inform us of your efforts,as well as any activities Healthwatch can become involved with but you can choose whether you want to be apart of these activities as a member of Healthwatch.
Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will be required,to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for this role. This will be at no cost to you. Having a criminal conviction does not preclude you from volunteering, and each case will be dealt with on an individual basis.
What will you get in return for volunteering with Healthwatch Hull?
- Induction training and training specific to your role.
- Opportunities to access additional training and personal development.
- The chance to develop new skills,and knowledge to assist with career goals, education and training.
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred during the course of your volunteering role.
- The opportunity to be part of a team and to meet new people.
- The chance to have an input into the delivery,of local Health and Social Care services,and make a real difference to the lives of local people
Please click here to download the role description in Word format. You can also click here to download an application form. Alternatively, you can complete the volunteering application form online by clicking here
If you have any further queries,or need any assistance in completing an application form, please contact Gareth Fletcher on 01482 595567 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org