Reading Panel Volunteer.
Purpose of the Role.
Healthwatch aims to ensure that the information given to the community from organisations,within Health and Social Care are easy to read and understand.
Reading Panel Volunteers are crucial in achieving this. They provide a robust service to the community,as they review a range of documentation from ourselves and other providers,to critique and provide feedback from a layperson’s perspective. They ensure that the documentation the community has access to,does not contain anything that is difficult to comprehend,or easy to misunderstand.
Reading Panel Volunteers are also essential,in allowing Healthwatch to scan and reference a wide range of information,to use as evidence towards any themed work or research that we are conducting.
- Reviewing documents for the following:
- Clean and Clear presentation
- Easy to read and understand
- Use of simple and clear language
- Avoided use of jargon
- Simple explanation of complex information
- Users ability to retain information from document
- Providing feedback along with any recommendations for improvement to the Delivery Manager
You do not need any specific experience or knowledge to volunteer for Healthwatch. Instead we ask that our volunteers can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating active listening and an open minded, non-judgemental attitude.
- Be approachable and confident when engaging with individuals,from a range of backgrounds,and have a commitment to promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Be respectful, compassionate and supportive of and towards others.
- Be proactive in protecting personal data,and maintaining confidentiality.
- Have an interest in Health and Social Care,and be passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good written communication skills,including the ability to take notes and write up conversations.
Availability and Location.
There is no time commitment when volunteering with Healthwatch. You are able to choose as and when you volunteer. As the role can be home based there is no need for travel,as documentation will be sent to you either electronically or via post.
Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will be required,to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for this role. This will be at no cost to you. Having a criminal conviction does not preclude you from volunteering, and each case will be dealt with on an individual basis.
What will you get in return for volunteering with Healthwatch Hull?
- Induction training and training specific to your role.
- Opportunities to access additional training and personal development.
- The chance to develop new skills,and knowledge to assist with career goals, education and training.
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred during the course of your volunteering role.
- The opportunity to be part of a team and to meet new people.
- The chance to have an input into the delivery,of local Health and Social Care services,and make a real difference to the lives of local people
Please click here to download the role description in Word format. You can also click here to download an application form. Alternatively, you can complete the volunteering application form online by clicking here
If you have any further queries,or need any assistance in completing an application form, please contact Gareth Fletcher on 01482 595567 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org