Purpose of the Role.
Healthwatch aims to ensure everyone has access the same type of information, advice and guidance whenever they need it,from different Health and Social Care services.
Mystery Shoppers are important to Healthwatch,as they will be assessing the amount of information available,and the level of service provided in Health and Social Care settings,by asking for a range of information and how to be signposted to other agencies.
- Visiting Health and Social Care services (For example, GP and Dentist surgeries, pharmacies and so on) and asking for information as a member of the community.
- Identify if Health and Social Care services have enough information about local services,and are able to signpost correctly to these services.
- Identify if Healthwatch and other organisations promotional materials, for example, Posters – leaflets are displayed in the setting,and easily accessible by the public.
- Write a report regarding your experience,and any recommendations to improve the service provided.
- Assist in promoting Healthwatch,by taking part in volunteer fayres and other events as needed.
- Undertake training appropriate to the role.
You do not need any specific experience or knowledge to volunteer for Healthwatch. Instead we ask that our volunteers can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating active listening and an open minded, non-judgemental attitude.
- Be approachable and confident when engaging with individuals,from a range of backgrounds,and have a commitment to promoting Equality and Diversity.
- Be respectful, compassionate and supportive of and towards others.
- Be proactive in protecting personal data,and maintaining confidentiality.
- Have an interest in Health and Social Care,and be passionate about making a difference to the lives of others.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good written communication skills,including the ability to take notes and write up conversations.
Volunteering opportunities at Healthwatch, for the most part, will be provided Monday to Friday within office hours. There may be occasions however,where volunteering opportunities are offered outside of these times.
There is no time commitment when volunteering with Healthwatch. You are able to choose as and when you volunteer,but we recommend a minimum of five hours volunteering per month,to gain the most experience from the role.
There is no set location for this role,as the Mystery Shopper activity will take place across different services within the area. You will be informed what services we are looking into,and where they are located so you choose which you want to be involved with.
Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will be required,to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for this role. This will be at no cost to you. Having a criminal conviction does not preclude you from volunteering, and each case will be dealt with on an individual basis.
What will you get in return for volunteering with Healthwatch Hull?
- Induction training and training specific to your role.
- Opportunities to access additional training and personal development.
- The chance to develop new skills,and knowledge to assist with career goals, education and training.
- Support and supervision from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred during the course of your volunteering role.
- The opportunity to be part of a team and to meet new people.
- The chance to have an input into the delivery,of local Health and Social Care services,and make a real difference to the lives of local people